grass in LA

this may be stupid, but does grass grow year around in Louisiana ? Do you mow your grass year around ?

After your answer I will tell you the rest of the story........

Reply to
Dell Shannon

Grass, No. Weeds, Yes.

The grass itself goes more or less dormant about the first good freeze. I just had to mow the lawn last week. But not because the grass was growing; the weeds were starting to shoot up. I hit it with weed and feed, but it's help is marginal. There's just too much darn water around here. The club can get by mowing every few weeks this time of year, and only the runway. It's once a week minimum in the summer.

Reply to
John Alt

ok was curious cause of my bad dealing on RCU I have been trying to reach this guy on the phone, and first call he was out flying, then on the second call he wasnt in, then on the third he was mowing the yard, so wasnt sure what to think of that. still felt as if I was getting the runaround. and now the phone is being answered by a female who doesnt know where he is.

Reply to
Dell Shannon

If the woman doesn't know where the man is, there's a problem in the henhouse. As stated, grass goes dormant after the first hard freeze. However, if you've had a week or so of warm weather, it may start growing again. The onions grow all through the year. She COULD have called him on from mowing, or he COULD have called you back... Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Thought you Yanks only smoked the stuff not mowing it as well.....interesting!

Reply to
Pete

Do you have a town? There are several members of this group that are in various places in this state (New Orleans, Slidell, Houma, Shreveport, Lake Charles, and Lafayette that I've seen off the top of my head). Perhaps one of us could do the old face to face if we know him.

Reply to
John Alt

Dell...

It's fairly evident this guy's avoiding you, and chances are slim you'll get any satisfaction...

You'd be doing this group a service to let us know who and where this guy is so he can't sting anyone else...

Now I gots go mow th' backyard...

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Opelousas Name- Cody Fortier.

Reply to
Dell Shannon

Cody Fortier AKA Cajun Kamakazy from RCU Is in Opelousas Louisiana

Reply to
Dell Shannon

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Grows so well you HAVE to mow it! ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I swear, every time I read this header I think Los Angeles and a completely different kind of "grass".

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

my appoligies, Dell

Reply to
Dell Shannon

No apologies needed. Actually says more about me than you!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Heh! Heh! I'm with you on that. I've had more than one mental picture of Cheech and Chong over this thread. :)

Reply to
C.O.Jones

yeah, that must have been who keeps calling now.. ;-)

actually someone does keep calling and acting like they are high or something, but is untraceable per the phone company.. I figure its the seller Cajun Kamakazy fro RCU but cant prove it either way.

Reply to
Dell Shannon