Re: Ballasting Peco Code 75 Track

Hi Stu What worked for me was: Prepare subroadbed (in my case Woodland Scenics) Glue the underlay down, I used the Woodland Scenics Foam Glue, put strips of
wood on top it so it dries flat Glue the track down in the same manner as above Mask off the middle and edges of the track Spray a dirty or grimy black, then go back and paint by hand a rust color, so it mushes a bit Ballast using your preferred colors, make sure you can see all the sleepers Wet the whole mess with wet water Drop Scenic cement (or diluted PVA) over the ballast Allow to dry Clean using track rubber Vacuum up the mess Go to the Pub Rob Example.... http://home.comcast.net/~robert-kemp/page3.html

holes
75
Hi Stu. I have used Code 75 and track pinned it down. It is not particularly difficult. I simply used a .8mm drill in a pin vice. Drill the hole and pop the pin in and then complete the driving of the pin with a nail punch to avoid damage to the rail. What I did do which was slightly different was I pinned the sleeper close to the the rail such that the pin is hidden by the rail from the viewing side such that the first pin is between the rails and the next pin is in the sleeper outside of the rails (furthest away from the viewing side).
I have laid track sucessfully without pins but this was handbuilt. I would think that depending upon the track plan you may need to put some pins in. I would also put three pins in each point especially if you are going to put some form of point moter or rodding to change the direction.
Regard Rich
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:34:44 -0000, "Stu"

I like the sound of that (especially the last bit ;-) ) - but as Rich suggests, I think it might be wise to put track pins in the points for the motors.
Very effective too, looking at your website.

new
myself
layout
Peco