acetylene regulator tank pressure needle shaking

Hi,

I have a few month old Firepower oxy/acetylene outfit. Just today I was welding some 1/8" angle together and the acetylene tank pressure needle started shaking/vibrating back and forth. It's reading over 150psi at the tank, and I'm only using 3psi on a #3 tip.

Do I need to be worried about anything here?

Thanks! Sherman

Reply to
Sherman Mui

I have overhauled a few 2nd stage scuba regulators that tended to do about the same thing. They would make honking noise as you inhaled. I was able to adjust those regulators to eliminat the problem.

Your regulator should be under warrenty. Give them a call to see how they handle warrenty repairs. I would not use that regulator until it was fixed. Acetylene is a sensitive gas that I would not mess with using equipment that isn't operating right. Get the regulator fixed even if it is out of warrenty.

Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
R. Duncan