acetylene regulator tank pressure needle shaking

Hi,
I have a few month old Firepower oxy/acetylene outfit. Just today I was welding some 1/8" angle together and the acetylene tank pressure needle
started shaking/vibrating back and forth. It's reading over 150psi at the tank, and I'm only using 3psi on a #3 tip.
Do I need to be worried about anything here?
Thanks! Sherman
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:18:02 -0000, Sherman Mui

I have overhauled a few 2nd stage scuba regulators that tended to do about the same thing. They would make honking noise as you inhaled. I was able to adjust those regulators to eliminat the problem.
Your regulator should be under warrenty. Give them a call to see how they handle warrenty repairs. I would not use that regulator until it was fixed. Acetylene is a sensitive gas that I would not mess with using equipment that isn't operating right. Get the regulator fixed even if it is out of warrenty.
Let us know how it goes.