Aluminum sheet fasteners.

I have a trailer made of aluminum sheet and on the bottom, where two 4 x 8' sheets meet, the seams are closed/covered with a ~1 inch strip of some sort of aluminum flashing.

This looks like it is crimped every half-inch or so on both sides so, it would completely hide the bare seam of the two aluminum sheets. I don't know the name of this material or where to get it and I can't go the the manufacturer as they are out of business.

This material may not actually be crimped on to the sheets but it is crimped and perhaps that is just forming a compression-type fit so that when it is slid over the seam, it would remain stationary.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and if so, the name of this flashing and where I could get it?

Thanks

Cass

Reply to
Cass

Sounds like a duct work connection Heating people deal with this or thy sub this work out to some one else , try thier.

Over the years I spent a lot of time trying to find the best weave, only now that I have a constant shake do I feel content !

Reply to
Lewis Edwards