Aluminum welding filler metal chart

I just spent a few hours creating a filler metal chart for aluminum welding. Based on one I have from the 60's but it is in Microsft Excel and is suitable for printing on Tabloid size paper; 2 8 1/2" x 11 pages side by side.

If anyone would like a copy just drop me a line, or I could post it to the drop box.

John Noon

Reply to
John Noon

I have also saved it in pdf format for those without MS Office

John Noon

Reply to
john noon

Please send it to me.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

Ditto!

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

my Subaru Engine Conversion Check
Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Boris Mohar wrote:

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

You can download one from

in PDF format, and it is much more recent.

Alloy selection article

Alloy selection chart
Alcotec's catalog is one of the nicest guides to aluminum welding ever published.

Another great source is the 2-99 issue of Lincoln's "Welding Innovations" magazine

Ernie Leimkuhler

Thank you for the link, I will be updating the chart later this week.

Suspected there was more but at the end of it I just wanted to get it done. Hope to try it out on a PDA later this week to see if it will be readable.

Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate it into a database or something for doing quick searches.

My next projects are cleaning up the welding procedure forms I have along with some calculators for stairs and weld size cost and strength visual Inspection forms.

I have even been thinking of something along the Miller calculators running in Excel. Input material type and thickness with edge prep variables. Output recommended electrode size type and amperage.

Starting to think I need a hobby LOL

John Noon

Reply to
John Noon

If you can get them to run on Palm OS 4.1, then I would be overjoyed.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler