crater fill

Hey everyone, could you tell me something about weld technique to fill crater on GMAW process, how the gesture or manipulated it. Is allowed to fill the crater after we broken the arc till to fulfill the crater. Thanks

------------------------------------- _____ ____ / | o | | |/ ___| |_________/ |_|_| |_|_| SALAM

Reply to
Chandak

When you reach the end of the weld, hold position for just a second, still pulling the trigger. Let the puddle fill in before you release the trigger.

If it's mechanized, stop the carriage for a second before you switch off the arc.

Most people push the puddle (gun follows puddle) - Bring the gun up to

90 degrees to the joint, hold position for just a second to let puddle fill in, then switch off the arc.

You can also tack "run-off" tabs onto the ends of the joint. Start on one tab, run along the joint, end on the other tab. Remove tabs and behold perfect weld.

Practice, practice, practice. Try different methods. If you find a way that works well for your application, practice it until proficient.

Reply to
Tin Lizzie DL