damn near unbelievable...

had a pretty good laugh at work today,

That damn Polack Cheesehead I work with had run the acetylene dry, and couldn't figger out why he couldn't get a new tank to hook up, neither one of the tanks he had on hand would hook up, so he calls me over to ask why.... well, I couldn't believe my friggin' eyes....there he wuz, tryin' to hook up a bottle of C25 and a bottle of argon to the acetylene regulator...

I carefully 'splained to him that shielding gas would definitely not work as a fuel gas, then I just walked away...I had to

-- Big Ben the "sure am glad I'm a Swede instead of a Polack" Slug

Reply to
Big Ben

Shame it wouldn't hook up - would have been fun watching him trying to light it up.....

Reply to
Phil

I knew they made those threads different for a reason ...............

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Is that the guy that makes the splatter paintings? I didn't know he was from Wisconsin.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

Even more fun to watch him use acetylene as a shielding gas...

Reply to
tim124c41

That would be fun to watch, but it would take some intentional sabotage to change the fittings.

Sounds like one of the outrageous things you would see on CSI, where they make big booboos on things that few people have the experience or knowledge to catch.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I'm surprised you didn't send him off somewhere for the "proper" adaptor.... And always, "If you want to find something that doesn't exist, You need to look in a place that doesn't exist" B666

Reply to
brian458666

A few years back, a local hospital got hit with a big lawsuit for having killed a patient by hooking him/her up to the nitrous oxide line in the room, instead of the oxygen line. At some point, somebody had gone and modified the nitrous oxide fitting so that an oxygen regulator would attach. Even better, the hospital couldn't come up with a good explanation of why exactly they were supplying nitrous oxide to patient rooms in the first place, since there was no medical case where they would ever use it.