Forney C3 Welder

I just bought a Forney welder at an auction, and everything looks to be in good shape on it ( except the back panel ,its rusty ) The only thing I can make out on the label is the model Forney C3, and 230V. My question is, does anyone know what amp service I will need to power it. The power cord has been cut off at the back. It looks like it had a 10ga. cord, so I would guess 30 amps, but I would like to be sure. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I have some welding projects I would like to get started on.

Reply to
Mike

post some pictures in the

drop box

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

The Forney company is still in business, located in Ft Collins, CO.

Give them a call.

Reply to
John Miller

Write to Forney at snipped-for-privacy@forneyind.com and ask them for a manual.

Historically, these are about 1955-v>I just bought a Forney welder at an auction, and everything looks to be in

Reply to
Tom Kendrick

Second that. Even a 30A 220V circuit would probably be OK. Forney sells stuff in hardware stores & auto parts stores, not quite the same market as pro welders.

GWE

Tom Kendrick wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I use 30 amp

[IMG]
Lyle Law, MSgt USAF RET

replying to Mike, Troy wrote: Hi I've got s fo rt ney F-10/ was wondering what it was worth if u know tks

Reply to
Troy