Forney C3 Welder

I just bought a Forney welder at an auction, and everything looks to be in
good shape on it ( except the back panel ,its rusty ) The only thing I can
make out on the label is the model Forney C3, and 230V. My question is, does
anyone know what amp service I will need to power it. The power cord has
been cut off at the back. It looks like it had a 10ga. cord, so I would
guess 30 amps, but I would like to be sure. Any information would be greatly
appreciated, I have some welding projects I would like to get started on.
Reply to
Mike
post some pictures in the
drop box
Gunner
Gunner
The Forney company is still in business, located in Ft Collins, CO.
Give them a call.
J Miller
Reply to
John Miller
Write to Forney at snipped-for-privacy@forneyind.com and ask them for a manual.
Historically, these are about 1955-vintage machines intended for use as farm welders. I would start with 50 amps at 230V supply, as though it was a Lincoln buzzbox.
Reply to
Tom Kendrick
Second that. Even a 30A 220V circuit would probably be OK. Forney sells stuff in hardware stores & auto parts stores, not quite the same market as pro welders.
GWE
Tom Kendrick wrote:
Reply to
Grant Erwin
I use 30 amp
[IMG]
Lyle Law, MSgt USAF RET
Hi I've got s fo rt ney F-10/ was wondering what it was worth if u know tks
Reply to
Troy