Good plasma air filter / dryer

Any recommendations on an air filter/dryer for my plasma cutter? It's a Powcon Plasma Plus (50 amp) unit. I use it in my home garage for hobby stuff. I live in SC where it is very humid in the summers. My air compressor has a cheap air/water seperator on the outlet. I'm looking for something that I can attach at the plasma unit and also possibly use when painting. Thanks.

-Jason

Reply to
jmpratt

Air dryers tend to be voracious air users. Consider a bottle of nitrogen instead?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Go to a professional paint supplier and buy the type that uses a roll of what looks like toilet paper.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

try plumbing the garage with copper tubing and vertical drains

Reply to
Lucky Strike

Reply to
Andrew H. Wakefield

Hello Jason

Take a look at the Motor Guard M-26. It is considered one of the better units.

Jim

snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Meyer

Some air dryers use dessicant. The dessicant is then dried by running heated air (from the downstream side of the dryer) thru it. This heated drying air is vented to the outside as it is full of moisture. I suppose this is the type of dryer Winston is speaking of.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

I've got the Motorguard roll filter unit. We also often have pretty high humidity during the summer.

I have an 80 gallon air tank, mounted on end. This gives water a nice place to pool. Every time the compressor turns on, a valve in the base of it blasts for a fraction of a second (using a time delay relay from the scrap yard). Air goes through overhead pipes to drop points, each one having a drain pipe to accumulate water. The part that surprised me was I get *no* water accumulation at the drains. It all seems to go away at the tank.

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

Yes. Thanks, Shawn. That's what I was talking about.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Aha, now I get it.

What are the advantages of this dessicant kind of air dryer system, rather than the refrigerated type? (Clearly the disadvantage is that it uses more air!)

Andy

Reply to
Andrew H. Wakefield

Reply to
Mike Swift

Dessicant type dryers will produce air with a much lower frost point.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn