Air filter necessary for plasma cutter ?

I have an ordinary water filter between my compressor and air hose. I realize that water and particles will corrode and abrade the various moving parts in a typical air tool. Hence the filter.

But what about a plasma cutter? Doesn't the air simply go through a valve, a hose and then out the tip?

I searched the web for more info and found this one at welding-direct:

Does anyone know if it is any good?

(If anyone is reading this twice, sorry, I also posted it on Hobart's forum.)

Reply to
AL

Sounds like another good use for those AOL cds...

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

Reply to
Sven