HTP Invertec

Has anyone had experience with this company/products for TIG? Are they good
value for the money? Who is best source?
Reply to
Willer
I can't comment on their Tig machines specifically, but HTP sells direct to consumer and I think you mean Invertig, not tec. After doing extensive research on 220v migs, I decided to go with HTP rather than a Miller/Hobart/Lincoln. I am planning on purchasing a Mig 2400 from them once I have the funding.
They're well known in certain areas and all the feedback that I've found about their mig machines is very positive. Jeff Noland is the president of the company and his contact information is available on the website as the main point of contact for all inquiries. I emailed with him extensively regarding their mig machines. He can answer any questions you may have and is very open and honest even when discussing competitors products.
-Tom
Reply to
TT
I own one - an HTP Invertig 201. I can't give you a comparison of HTP vs other brands, because my whole welding experience is limited to this one unit. But, FWIW, it was easy to learn and work with, and so far has performed flawlessly. I haven't once bumped against its duty cycle limitation, but I mostly weld small stuff, like alu. subframes for my motorcycles, repairing cracked swingarm, kickstand, etc. IOW, lots of short welds.
If I didn't think it was a good value for the money, I wouldn't have bought it. :-)
I bought directly from HTP. -- Ilya
Willer wrote:
Reply to
iillyyaa
I am very happy with my Invertig 200. I purchased both the hand control and the foot control. I have had three other transformer based machines , sold them all and sticking with the HTP. At the time I bought it and in my opinion ( the flames wars about brands will now start!) HTP's welder is better than Miller and Lincoln due to the slightly higher duty cycle.Miller has auto link for different input voltages , but that is not a feature I needed or was willing to pay for. Very smooth ,easy to learn machine, but the manual is a little too simplistic.
Pete
Reply to
Pete
just as an aside, can you speak a bit on preferences evolving from use of the hand control vs the foot control?
thnx
Reply to
dogalone
I find that sitting at the bench I prefer the foot control , but for out of position work I switch to the hand control.... just what ever works for you is the best.
Pete
Reply to
Pete