name that rod!

Friend comes by the office and describes the following: welder is 'brazing' an aluminum can to other metals i.e. copper, steel or other aluminum. No inert gas obviously being used. What's the rod? - Mike

Reply to
mhorowit

Mostly Zinc.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

It can be any number of rods out there. The one I use is called alloy

31 by Esab and has a blue flux you use with it. It's more like a silver solder than any other aluminum rod I've seen. I've joined aluminum to steel with it and I'm sure it would work with copper.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook