OT LED flashlights

I have found two different styles of small LED flashlights for weld inspection. They were amazingly cheap at Princess Auto. One was seven
dollars and the other was five dollars with three penlight batteries included. The literature said twenty hours on a set of batteries. I am still on my first set of batteries and it is being used every day. The LE light is nice and bright. The five dollar one has a bluish cast though. the bodies are all aluminum. Are these Chinese mini-mag imitations starting to appear in the States? It won't be long before reglular flashlights will be dumped for these units. Randy
They're pretty nice. I use one constantly at the mill, looking at dials, cutting action, etc.
Steve In the States
Randy Zimmerman wrote:

Have you tried the Streamlight AAAA Stylus light? I have them in the tool box, the hunting stuff, fishing, car heck- all over the place. They are the greatest thing I have used since my Mag-Charger. Best lights I ever found. I want to try one of the multi-led ones but I can't out-do the stylus.
Rob

They're pretty popular in the aviation world. Got 2 or 3 myself.
John
I bought a couple "import" LED flashlights. One was a 5 LED flashlight, one was a 10 or so LED flashlight. My opinion is if I were stuck somewhere and needed a reliable flashlight, I would hands down choose my Maglight flashlights. I paid under $20 for my first Maglight, I don't remember how long ago it's been so long. Since then I purchased numerous Maglights for presents and for other uses around the house and cars. The first two LED import flashlights I purchased had problems. One LED burned out or stopped functioning. The same LED flashlight's switch stopped working. The other LED flashlight still works, but the case does not fit together properly and the switch is too sensitive.
As long as Maglight still makes flashlights, I will buy them. Safety and reliability are more important to me than "saving" $6.
Stephen R.

S R wrote:

Not me! Bulb burns out and you have instant dark. I have a Princeton Attitude that was given to me by a friend who had put a couple of years on it. I have put another year plus on it. Replaced batteries once after I noticed the gradual dimming - no catastrophic failure.
http://www.princetontec.com /
Ted