OT, OT, OT - Heart Surgery Survival Guide

I've been posting here for quite a bit, and my main contributions have been to help people with DIY problems. But a few months ago, I started putting my sig on my posts my blog and website on heart surgery. I appreciate everyone being so gracious on letting me do that. I went through it almost nine years ago, a 8.5 hour operation to do a 5 way bypass and an aortic valve replacement. I have over a 15 year heart history, so speak from experience.

My finished books have come in, and they are for sale. It's a book for people facing surgery, their caretakers, and friends/family. They are not a medical mumbo-jumbo book, but written as a my story in plain words that everyone can grasp. Just a guide to help everyone understand what is going on, what to expect, and hopefully make it a little easier by taking out the dark unknown factors..

When I went for surgery, they didn't tell me squat. I thought a book would help people at least prepare and ease some of their fears and tensions. When you get the news, it's scary shit, and you can google. What you'll find is a haystack with a few straws that have to do with your particular situation. Reading all that stresses you more because you read about a lot of stuff that doesn't pertain to you and might never ever happen in your case.

In the site, I have joined with companies that make products and services that these patients and their families could use. I don't get rich off these ads, but it does help pay for the costs. I doubt that this book will make me very much money. I did it as a release for my built up anxieties, and in the process, to possibly help people.

I would appreciate it if you would bookmark my site. You never know when you may come up needing heart surgery, and have to have it in just a few days, and be clueless on how to prepare. There are a lot of surprises in the hospital, in recovery, and in long term rehab that are easier to learn in this book than to find out by trial and error. Being in the hospital and not knowing what is going on is a very stressful experience. Buy it for yourself. Get it if you are going to have to take care of this heart patient after they get home. Get it to give to a friend, and possibly make their journey a little smoother.

And when the next patient comes along, pass it along to help their journey.

I may post this every anniversary of my June 19th, 2002 surgery so that it isn't considered spam.

If you are facing heart surgery, or know someone who is, my prayers and best wishes are with you. It is a VERY highly survivable surgery, and it adds many many years of quality life.

Thanks, God bless you and keep you.

Steve Bulicz

Heart Surgery Survival Guide - For Patients and Caregivers

Reply to
Steve B