Powcon 300 st

I have just purchaced a powcon 300st welder of ebay. It was not wired for
220V but 575 3phase. From the google searches I did I thought it could be
converted to 220 following Ian M's instructions. Alas when i opend the unit
to make the conversion I couldn't find the 4 studs with busses to make the
conversion. Am I screwed? I am trying to contact arccon and arc products
but i am hoping for some info via the group wisdom. I have done google
searches but without much luck.
Thanks in advance.
Marty
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Reply to
Marty
Unfortunately, Ian doesn't work there anymore. I have no idea where he went. Can you post photos of the rig, inside? If I could see the rig's guts, I can tell you where the voltage changeover should be. r/ Steve
Reply to
GreenGas
I'll try to get pictures is the newsgroup the best place to post them? I don't want to eat people's bandwidth. Marty
Reply to
Marty
Send 'em to me by email, I'll put them up on a webpage.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Maybe your screwed, not sure. I have a PowCon MST 300 230/460. The manual says the for my model there are 3 input voltages available, 230/460, 380, and 575. To change my input voltage i needed to open the welder by splitting open the shell and then there is a circuit board that needs to be flip upside down 180deg and then rearrange the 4 studs.
I scanned the relevant page and put it here. Sorry didnt have time to shrink it down, about 1.25megs. It's not going to be up long. email me if you want it sent directly.
Aloha, Russell
Reply to
russell shigeoka
[...]
And note that on my 400 SMT it takes removing 35 screws and replacing them to change that voltage. Big pain in the arse and not something you want to be doing on a day to day basis. DON'T do it in the field unless you have no other choice. Nothing worse than droppin one of those tiny circuit board screws into the works and having to fish it out with bad light while the clock is ticking.
Koz
Reply to
Koz
Thanks much for the scan. I am a bit confuse as to wheter the 4 studs are on the cucuit board or are the 4 plastic mounted studs towards the front of the case.
Reply to
Marty