RilandUSA TIG-200WSE

I would appreciate the groups unbiased feedback on the Riland Tig-200WSE tig welder as compared to the Thermal arc 185 or HTP Invertig 201 for example. The limiting factor is the line supply. 220v, 40 amps or less.

Thanks

Reply to
oldbeaser

Never heard of it, but it sounds like another import inverter.

The problem with all of the imported inverters is replacement parts. If it breaks, how much will it cost to repair?

Miller and Lincoln have very good parts distribution for their machines (even though the Lincoln Invertec 205 is in fact made in Italy).

Thermal is a little behind those 2. The rest are a crapshoot.

There are over 50 companies making inverter based TIG/Stick machines in Europe and another 12 in Asia.

Having gone to their website

and looked at it, it is definitely a cheap asian import machine.

The price is very low, and if you wanted a machine that was probably only going to be used a few times, then fine, get the huffy exercycle.

I would not trust it for longevity.

I have had my Miller Maxstar 200DX for 6.5 years, of heavy use in TIG and stick welding on locations all over the greater Seattle area. It even went on a plane with me for a job in Las Vegas. Great machine,

The Thermal Arc Prowave 185TSW is a real bargain for a higher quality machine than the Riland offerings.

The new Prowave 200TSW is not well distributed yet, but should get out to market soon.

Check for Prowave 185TSW's going on sale as the 200 comes in.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

As always - thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Reply to
oldbeaser