Sequence for sil-phos brazing copper fittings?

I'm brazing fixtures with a lot of 1" pipe and fittings.

I'm using O/A, slightly carburizing flame, and BCuP-5.

Can I fit everything together and braze the joints?

Should I fit two pieces together, braze the joint, clean and fit the next joint, braze, etc?

What are the opinions on reusing sil-phos brazed fittings?

Thanks

Reply to
Dev Null

My opinion: once they have been brazed, you won't be getting them back apart in any semblance of re-useable.

I don't know what you are creating, but it sounds like it might lend itself to clean, flux, assemble the entire thing, and use conventional solder to sweat all the joints at once. Is there a particular reason to silver solder? Conventional solder would allow reuse.

DanG

The only problem I can see in cleaning all joints first, fitting everything together and then brazing is that some of the joints might tarnish because of the heat from the adjacent joints. Would not be a problem if one was using flux, but one of the advantages of sil-phos is that no flux is required.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster