TIG Coolant

I gt a decent deal on a Miller Coolmate 3, so I will replace my homemade cooler with it.

My question concerns coolant. In my homemade one, I used RV antifreeze that is pink.

It actually worked fine. The coolmate manual has some drastic warnings to use only miller coolant (at 30 bux/gallon). Has anyone tried using rv antifreeze in them, does it work well etc. I had no problems with HF, and conductivity, and my CyberTIG with the pink RV stuff.

thanks

Ignoramus16714

I thought that RV antifreeze was more like $5 per gallon? So why are you using 25/gallon antifreeze? I did not quite understand what you were saying, sorry. I thought you started off saying that RV antifreeze worked fine, and then sad you were buying 25/gal NEO antifreeze?

Ignoramus11444

"Ignoramus16714" wrote in message news:BamdnRuKcafXGiranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Probably wrong in many ways, but the Miller Tig cooler at my former job used plain old Prestone green antifreeze. Same stuff was in there for at least 16 years that I know of---no problems.

Bill

Reply to
BillM

I have used Prestone since at least 1983 with no problems.

Reply to
Maxwell

replace my

used RV antifreeze

drastic warnings

anyone tried using

problems with

stuff.

at my former job

at least 16 years

Since 1988 here.....same results......;>)

-- The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

The RV stuff is probably perfectly fine. I use the Thermal Arc TIG coolant in my V3 and it is 75% deionized water and 25% ethylene glycol. I haven't changed it since new and it still seems perfectly fine.

Reply to
Pete C.