Using ceramic backing tape on sub acr?

Specifically- when doing single pass butt welds (3/16--1/4) is there supposed to be a gap left when putting the tape on? I was experimenting with some 3/16 strips today and a 1/16 gap between my strips seem to work. I tried 1/8 and it was a mess. Rosco

Reply to
Butter

Well- I found out today when all the experts came to the shop. We don't want anymore gap than were getting with our poor fitup

Reply to
Butter