Victor tip size?

I bought an old Victor portable welding kit with a J28 torch, 2-W-J welding tip and Uniweld 17-15 rosebud, which apparently consume
acetylene much too fast for the MC tank in the carrier. According to Victor only a size 000 tip is within spec, but which size tip do people really use for light welding like thermocouples and auto body rust repair?
http://victortechnologies.com/IM_Uploads/doclib_8051_DocLib_4680_Victor%20Acetylene%20Cutting%20Tip%20Chart%20 (0056-0411%20Rev%20B)_Jul2011.pdf
TIA jsw
On Monday, April 7, 2014 9:12:36 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

The Victor chart is suspect. Note the thickness of the metal being welded generally goes from thinner to thicker except for the 00 tip size. I suspect the thickness range for 00 ought to read 1/32 to 3/64 instead of 1/16 to 3/64.
Dan

Looks like a typo. So which size tip would you buy to weld car sheet metal, or clean up amateur MIG welds? jsw
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I would probably buy the 0 size. But I do not do much oxy-acet welding.
Dan
On 08/04/14 23:33, Jim Wilkins wrote:

more probably 1/64 to 3/64. In 1/64ths:
0 to 2 #000 1 to 3 #00 2 to 5 #0 3 to 6 #1 ...

So which size tip would you buy to weld car sheet

0 or 1. Or both, plain nozzles are cheap.
You might want to investigate the use of propane for the rosebud.
-- Peter Fairbrother

I can buy CGA adapters and temporarily shuffle equipment around at home, but I'd like to complete this Victor kit properly, if I need to take it somewhere or want to sell it. I bought it cheap because it needed attention, and now I'm trying to restore it at least functionally if not cosmetically. jsw
On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:51:47 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I think the acet regulator will connect to a propane bottle without an adapter. The hose should be rated for propane, Some are some aren't.
Dan