What can it be???

Wow, with O2 set at 25 psi and a 00 tip, you should last a really long time. How do you have your torch knobs set while cutting? The O2 knob on the bottom of the torch should be wide open, while the knob on the neck of the torch should be adjusted in conjunction with the acetylene on the bottom to get a neutral flame.

Next time you are at your local supplier, ask them for the little yellow Victor book. It should be a freebie. Lots of good charts and troubleshooting stuff.

Good luck!

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

I have an oxygen and acetylene setup made by victor. I do not do very much cutting. Just a hobby. I got a victor oxygen regulator and victor acetylene regulator from e=bay. It's the big regulators that go with the journeyman setup. The torch is the 315 model and 2460 head. Before I just had a firepower torch and never noticed the oxygen consumption.'

The welding supply I should go through four oxygen to one acetylene. I have the big bottles. Anyway the problem is that for what I'm cutting I'm using way to much oxygen..... In about an hour of cutting and standby, which is about fifteen minutes of actual cutting, the pressure dropped from 500psi to 250 one day and from 250 to about

100psi the second. I've been told the way I use the torch, I shouldn't have to change oxygen bottles in over a week. At the way it seems like I'm going though oxygen, I''m gonna be broke quick.

Anyway, I have the oxygen output set a 25 psi. I'm using a 00 or 01 tip. I've put soap on all the fittings and probably everywhere I shouldn't. But no leak. The output pressure holds for quite a while when the torch is shut off. When the tank is shut off, the high pressure side bleeds off a little but not really that much. What am I overlooking? Also, if I need o-rings, where can I buy them online. The welding supply, airgas used to fix them right there, but now they a sending them out to be fixed. Any help?????????

Reply to
Robin

What thicknesses are you cutting with the 00 and 01 tip?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

Which bottle valves are you opening all the way?

Cass

Reply to
Cass

Wayne Cook wrote: I think you problem is the fact that the pressure drops rapidly when you get low like that(clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I know it seems like that, but the gas laws I learned in high school physics say otherwise.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Those are simplified laws for "ideal" gas. They approximate the behavior of real gasses at low pressures, but become increasingly inaccurate as you get more pressure, due to simplifying assumptions made to keep the physics at a high school level...

Reply to
Ecnerwal
500psi is no where near a full bottle to start with , otherwise sounds like your oxygen usage is about right to me.
Reply to
Jimmy

This sounds right depending on your sizes. Mine ratio is about the same with I believe a 140 Acet and a "S" size (I think) Oxygen. There is one size up for me on the Oxygen. The next size up holds around twice the amount of Oxygen and only cost $5.00 more to fill it / trade it in. I just wanted the smaller oxygen bottle for portability reasons.

Brian

Reply to
Brian