thick copper wire tubular oven

hi group,

please help me with this engineering matter

I need to heat the polimer coat of a rectangular thick copper wire (8.2 cm X 3.8 cm of section =3D 3.2 x 1.5 inch) who runs axially inside of a tubular oven, with the velocity of 10 meters/second . the input temperature is 275=B0C =3D 527=B0F and the required output temperature is

315=B0C =3D 599=B0F. I have calculated the Energy with the equation Q=3D M Cp DT, but I do not know if is a very simplistic

I need to choice between the next five ovens, can you help me to do the right choice?

oven 1 Lenght =3D 200 mm power =3D 1000 W max temperature =3D 1832=B0F

oven 2 Lenght =3D 300 mm power =3D 1500 W max temperature =3D 1832=B0F

oven 3 Lenght =3D 400 mm power =3D 2000 W max temperature =3D 1832=B0F

oven 4 Lenght =3D 600 mm power =3D 3000 W max temperature =3D 1832=B0F

oven 5 Lenght =3D 900 mm power =3D 4500 W max temperature =3D 1832=B0F

Reply to
esteban_oliveros

M*Cp*DT is not simplistic, but it is probably not enough either.

The speeds are fast enough that you might still be heating into the copper itself at the end of the oven, especially given how thick it is, which means you'd need to superimpose a 3D conduction solution along with "advection" (conveyance) term you've mentioned.

And don't forget the radiation and convection exchange with the oven on the outside: those can easily be the bottlenecks for heating the bar, and can have large uncertainties associated with them.

This might make a neat example problem for our simulation/design software if the data can all be made public (or made generic enough for public release). Write me if your need isn't urgent and you want to pursue that option.

Reply to
Brent Cullimore