HP Preis engraving machine parts?

Hello everyone, It's been quite a while since I have posted here...ever since news.individual.net changed it's service to 10 euro's a year from being free. Right about that time, I relocated to Georgia and am just getting to the point where I can start lurking again. Well, anyway, I have a friend that has a; HP Preis Engraving Machine Panto-engraver model #2D-4 Serial # 4477 It looks like the belt is 3/16" x 78" long and is a round braided endless belt... Any ideas on where to get a belt? Any body else have one of these machines?

Thanks for the help, Ted Harris

ted harris

You can find a replacement belt on-line at McMaster Carr. By the way this machine was manufactured in either 1970 or 1971. The company is (was?) located in Hillside, NJ although another reference said it was in NY. Perhaps someone knows if they can still be contacted? Good luck.

Dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

I have used the following for HP parts

and they get the HP parts. Helped me on my E-size printer...

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

The company I last worked for used belts of this type with success when run between multiple smooth drive sheeves (sp?). They worked just fine for driving multiple (6) drill bits (around 5/32") when boring into hard wood. Kind of reminded me of the old style dentists drills. Should work for engraving.

Dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Maybe you could point me in the direction of the "round endless braided belts" on their website. Everything I see there has to be connected. The belt I am looking for is one piece and does not need to be connected. This belt can go as fast as you want with no vibration. Any rubber or urethane will not work.

Thanks, Ted Harris

ted harris

In news:lionslair at consolidated dot net"

Reply to
ted harris

Hey Ted, Yep, been a while since you came out and played with us.

Anyway, did you at least contact Gesswein? They supply for specific machines, and I suspect would do a custom order too. And I may be a bit off-base, but it seems to me they supplied a "do-it-yourself" round belting kit too.

I did a quicky on their web site, and couldn't find anything, but I'm certain it is there, and I can't locate my own old Gesswein catalog at the moment either, but if you just give them an email or a phone call, I'm sure they can fix your buddy up.

Don't stay away so long, next time.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Hello everyone,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

"ted harris" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

I don't know if this address is still good. Worth a shot anyway.

H.P. Preis Engraving Machine Company

651 U.S. Highway 22 Hillside, N.J. 07275
Reply to
D Murphy

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That explains it - H.P. not HP or H-P (never seen). Glad someone knew.

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

Thanks Brian, I will check it out. Do you happen to remember if the kit was for an endless belt. This is key, to avoid vibration.

Reply to
ted harris

Thanks for the info. I'll check that out too.

Reply to
ted harris

The off-the-shelf sizes would be endless. Not sure about the kit ones. Gesswein are the people to ask though.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

replying to ted harris, Dickythekid wrote: Hello ted I have several items that may work for your friends machine along with the endless belt. Call me on my cell @ 305-345-5752 leave a message if I don't answer and I will return the call Regards Pete

Reply to
Dickythekid