engraving

300 stainless. using a carbide 45 deg engraving tool, or .04 ball. .015 depth of cut. I have had better results in the past with the ball, but in aluminum.

speed/feed suggestions/recommendations on engraving?

ca

Reply to
clay

I have had good luck with these from Harvey Tool:

For the engraving cutters

Scroll down to the 2 flute near the bottom of the page as those single flute are near useless in stainless. The TiAIN @ the highest RPM you can manage, the feed rate in stainless has to be rather slow, I have gone 15 IPM .005/.010 deep with the 90 degree cutter, but start with the over-ride turned down & creep up,see what happens.

-plh

Reply to
plh