Bubbles forming during pebax reflow

Hello All,

I have a catheter process creating bubbles in the catheter walls.

The process is essentially pebax onto pebax reflow (fusing). There is a SS braid in between the pebax materials and FEP is used as the outside heatshrink.

The shaft is heated in a vertically translating hot air nozzle shrinker to above the pebax melt temperature.

Pebax in question is 55D.

I'm having trouble determining cause of the bubbles.

Reply to
D Clubb

mirajdoshi007

I realize this was a year ago,but did you guys find a solution to this problem. Im having a similar issue with a 40D pebax resin. thanks

Reply to
jgelsinger22

Didn't find a solution sorry. On-going issue.

Reply to
aceofclubbs

replying to aceofclubbs, ReflowMaster wrote: Hi all, bubbles are a lot of times fixed with pre-shrinking the FEP before reflowing, also, try increasing time or temperature of reflow oven in 1% rate per try.

Reply to
ReflowMaster

we have encounter similar problem with PA 12, is any solution to this problem

Reply to
David Liu