Forming Tools

Do sheet metal forming tools work in basic solidworks? If so, how?
Thanks,

--
John Kimmel
snipped-for-privacy@whereIwork.com
JKimmel wrote:

Solidworks released it in v 2006. I have put a Power Point presentation, made by Avelino Arochino, of Solidworks, on my Web Site for you. I was present at his presentation at the Symposium in Lowell Mass, this past Summer. You can get it at... www.deangelistool.com/help/sheetmetal.zip
Good luck,
G. De Angelis De Angelis Tool Valhalla Grafix www.deangelistool.com Engineer wrote:

G. De Angelis wrote:

Thanks, that had the information I needed. SW help didn't have the information about saving as a "*.sldftp" file, and don't think that basic Solidworks has a design library.
--
J Kimmel
snipped-for-privacy@whereIwork.com

No, basic SolidWorks does have a design library. I've hardly ever used it and they've changed locations and such since I did, so I can't help you find it, but it is there, somewhere.

turn on the "task pane", design library is the middle icon (stacked books).
kenneth wrote:

OK, the task pane has this little thumbtack in it. If you click on the thumbtack, the task pane locks open. Then you can adjust the width of the task pane so that with the thumbtack in, it's all the way closed. That way, if you click on one of the tabs, nothing happens. I just found this out.
--
J Kimmel
snipped-for-privacy@whereIwork.com