Old CAV injector tester

I've got an old style CAV injector tester, the type with a standard fuel pump, hand lever, & standard filter on top as a reservoir. I haven't used it for few years, it's kicking around on the floor,
anyone here wanting to make proper use of it can have it if they collect it. A small donation of Beer tokens would be accepted but is not essential. Collect only (Warrington area)
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

I'd be interested if nobody else has laid claim. I had one from John R a year or so back but need to make one out of a pair by the look of things.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:01:52 +0100, Prepair Ltd

Sold to the man in the grey van <g>
Psst! Wanna buy a Beaver high speed swivelling head attachment?
Cheers Tim

Silver, please!

Tell me more?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:06:29 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes

Sorry guv. <g>

I'm not sure what the official description is of these. It clamps to the quill, takes its drive from the end of the spindle, & has a 2:1 increasing gearbox. The business end can swivel to any angle and takes 1/4" shank cutters. It's for machining the parts that others cannot reach. I was going to fit it to my Town Woodhouse mill, which would have meant a simple mod, but sold the mill before I got to it. I can't see a straightforward way to fit it to my Elliott, so it might as well go. I'll send you a pic if you're interested.
Cheers Tim

If it is a genuine Beaver item, then I would definitely be interested. How is the drive taken? my machine is a 40int drive end.
I have got to talk with Tony Griffiths today, I'll have a look and see if the attachment is in the book I got from him or on his site.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:42:28 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes

It's geniune Beaver, there's a slotted plate which engages with the dogs on the spindle. It looks to me as though it's designed to work with both 30 & 40 int.
I'll try to sort out a pic for you tonight.
Cheers Tim

Tim Leech wrote:

Sounds like a clone of the Bridgeport Quillmaster accessory..
Tom

Not really a clone, but it's the same general idea
http://web.onetel.com/~duttondock/Pictures/Beaver-1.jpg
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
I've never seen a Beaver with one of those, or is that just the effect it has ;-) ttfn Roland

Have you been at the bottle Roland, your Sun headlines were quite amusing also. :-))
Martin P
Roland Craven wrote:

Stone cold sober yer 'onour. Its what happens whilst parts of the brain are wrestling with a grinding machine!
regards Roland

Related Threads