Old CAV injector tester

Threaded View
I've got an old style CAV injector tester, the type with a standard
fuel pump, hand lever, & standard filter on top as a reservoir. I
haven't used it for  few years, it's kicking around on the floor,
anyone here wanting to make proper use of it can have it if they
collect it.
A small donation of Beer tokens would be accepted but is not
essential.
Collect only (Warrington area)

Cheers
Tim
Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service

Re: Old CAV injector tester

I'd be interested if nobody else has laid claim. I had one from John R
a year or so back but need to make one out of a pair by the look of
things.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK

Re: Old CAV injector tester
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:01:52 +0100, Prepair Ltd

Sold to the man in the grey van <g>

Psst!  Wanna buy a Beaver high speed swivelling head attachment?

Cheers
Tim

Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service

Re: Re: Old CAV injector tester

Silver, please!

Tell me more?

Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: diesel@easynet.co.uk

Re: Old CAV injector tester
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:06:29 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes

Sorry guv. <g>

I'm not sure what the official description is of these. It clamps to
the quill, takes its drive from the end of the spindle, & has a 2:1
increasing gearbox. The business end can swivel to any angle and takes
1/4" shank cutters. It's for machining the parts that others cannot
reach.
I was going to fit it to my Town Woodhouse mill, which would have
meant a simple mod, but sold the mill before I got to it. I can't see
a straightforward way to fit it to my Elliott, so it might as well go.
I'll send you a pic if you're interested.

Cheers
Tim

Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service

Beaver Attachment

If it is a genuine Beaver item, then I would definitely be interested. How is
the drive taken? my machine is a 40int drive end.

I have got to talk with Tony Griffiths today, I'll have a look and see if the
attachment is in the book I got from him or on his site.

Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: diesel@easynet.co.uk
Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

Re: Beaver Attachment
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:42:28 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes

It's geniune Beaver, there's a slotted plate which engages with the
dogs on the spindle. It looks to me as though it's designed to work
with both 30 & 40 int.

I'll try to sort out a pic for you tonight.

Cheers
Tim

Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service

Re: Old CAV injector tester

Sounds like a clone of the Bridgeport Quillmaster accessory..

Tom

Re: Old CAV injector tester

Not really a clone, but it's the same general idea

http://web.onetel.com/~duttondock/Pictures/Beaver-1.jpg

Cheers
Tim
Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service

Re: Old CAV injector tester
I've never seen a Beaver with one of those, or is that just the effect it
has ;-)
ttfn
Roland

Re: Old CAV injector tester
Have you been at the bottle Roland, your Sun headlines were quite amusing
also. :-))

Martin P

Re: Old CAV injector tester
Stone cold sober yer 'onour. Its what happens whilst parts of the brain are
wrestling with a grinding machine!

regards
Roland

Site Timeline