ETCON AF120 ARC-FAULT TRIPPER AND RECEPTACLE TESTER

Hi:

Has anyone heard about what ever became of ETCON's AFCI Tester (or more recently: ETCON AF120 ARC-FAULT TRIPPER AND RECEPTACLE TESTER)?

From what I've found earlier was a quote reposted by a third party on

Mike Holt's blog. As follows...

"Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is notifying consumers and retailers that Etcon Inc.'s receptacle/AFCI (arc fault circuit interrupter) circuit tester, model AF120, may pose a risk of electric shock. This product has not been evaluated by UL and bears an unauthorized UL Listing Mark. In addition to the potential shock hazard, this product may not properly test all types of arc fault circuit interrupters."

OK, since then, ETCON changed their website and renamed their AFCI tester: AF120 ARC-FAULT TRIPPER AND RECEPTACLE TESTER. Not sure exactly what that is suppose to mean outside of the typical use of smoke and mirrors generally used by most companies under similar circumstances in a damage control campaign.

I did several Google searches and have not come up with much of anything.

Does anybody have one and use it regularly? IS the "new and improved" model actually tripping AFCI breakers @ 30mA?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Igor The Terrible