2500 MAH A cells

Has anybody used these cells that are sold on cheap battery packs website? What are your opinions?

Reply to
Blah

What web site? What cells?

Reply to
John Doe

Reply to
Blah

Reply to
strathboy

| Battery packs are not an item where I'm looking to save money.

Then I'm willing to sell you some high quality batteries! They'll be expensive, but they'll be worth it!

(Of course, I'll buy them from cheapbatterypacks.com, test them, then sell them to you at a 100% markup.)

Seriously, I've found the batteries I've bought from cbp to work very well. Of course, I can say the same for anybody I've bought new batteries from -- I've never had any problems with new batteries, no matter where I've gotten them.

| >>Has anybody used these cells that are sold on cheap battery packs | >>website? What are your opinions?

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I envy you Doug. My experience is not a pristine as all that. However, it is not a function of where I bought the pack but one of the pack itself. I have had bad packs from low end and high end suppliers and the only difference I saw was the willingness to make the pack good.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

In article , Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Doug McLaren wrote "(Of course, I'll buy them from cheapbatterypacks.com, test them, then sell them to you at a 100% markup.)"

Who did you learn that from, Larr Sribnick?

Reply to
mike tully

| Doug McLaren wrote | "(Of course, I'll buy them from cheapbatterypacks.com, test them, | then sell them to you at a 100% markup.)" | | Who did you learn that from, Larr Sribnick?

Larry Sribnick? Of SR Batteries?

And what is `that'? The smart Alec answer, the Bond villian weakness of telling what my evil plan is, or the `buy low, sell high' buisness model?

I'm guessing it's the latter that you're commenting on ...

The idea has been around for far longer than Larry -- sell something for more money than you paid for it, and if a little extra work makes it sell for a lot more, go for it. So no, I didn't learn it from Larry. (And I really have no interest in getting into the battery business, if that wasn't clear.)

SR Batteries has always claimed to have higher quality than anybody else (that's what their advertisements claimed, anyways, appealing to emotion with a picture of a wrecked jet), and while it sounds like you're skeptical, well, if they test the battery better, and construct the pack a little more carefully than others, then their quality will probably be somewhat better, even if the original source is the same.

Personally, I've never bought any of their batteries -- I'd rather save the money and test the pack to death myself (or just use two packs at once) than pay double (and their prices were, last I checked, way up there.) But I can certainly see why somebody might be fully willing to pay double for a battery that might be a bit more reliable.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Or no extra work. I bought Visual Basic Enterprise on eBay, then turned around and sold it for twice as much. That was my one selling experience so far, I couldn't resist.

Reply to
John Doe