A fun little plane.

Here's one I've been playing with lately. The Clancey Baby Bee. I bought it at Hobby People. It comes with a geared 180 motor. After flying it around like that for a week or so I attached an MP Jet brushless motor with gearbox. ($49.00). It's a bit stronger than a speed 400. It swings a 7x6 prop and is powered by a1500 mah 3 cell li-po pack @12.4v($48.00). Using a Castle creations 25 amp esc ($75.00). Now it will go vertical! What a fantastic improvement. I'm getting 3d performance from a 3 channel plane. I get appx. 30 minutes on that pack. If I use the Thunder Power 2 cell 2100 mah pack I get 56 minute flight time with some throttle management. If you've bought one of these little planes and want to hop it up. Try throwing the brushless and Li-Pos' in it. Wow!! What a difference.

Just a few months back I was whining about the prices of brushless motors. They're still too high, but they sure are fun.

Don.

Reply to
Don

I've got a baby bee and I've been haveing a blast with it. I've bee

flying it with the stock motor and a 7x6 prop. flies great but I woul like a little more. I've been looking at brushless setups but I'm no sure what to go with. I would like to go with the smallest prop s direct drive might be the way to go. any ideas? think the python 3 (hobby-lobby) would work

-- juki4

----------------------------------------------------------------------- juki48's Profile:

this thread:

juki48

Maybe have a look at

These motors based on the cdrom drive motors are a blast to build and work great. They got me back into flying after > 10 yrs away. I have several of them flying now. Generaly use

18t 26g and get 8oz thrust @
Reply to
Steve

It wouldn't be fair to mention prices without talking about the speed controller. About $50 for a Phoenix 10. Just the same, GB motors are some of the best things going. For those "larger" props, you'll want more turns for best efficiency. After messing around with different winds, 20T is pretty good all around; spins 8x4 and 7x5 APC electrics about 8k rpm on 3 lipos,

80% efficiency. The 9x6 will want about 24T, I'm guessing, which is pretty tough to wind with 26 awg.
Reply to
Boat

those look nice. If I'm gunna spend the time and money, I think I'd g

with a GBx. looks like they are out of stock but I can wait if it worth it. do you have any experience with the GBx motors

-- juki4

this thread:

juki48