Any engine builders here ?

Hi,
I wonder if there are any I.C engine builders
in this forum. I am planning on getting my
first lathe and climbing the learning curve
towards this goal. Would love to here about
your experiences on the same. For instance
what kind of lathe, books or other tools
did you purchase?
I know hobby lobby sells taig lathes for this
purpose but I think they will be too small in
the long run and plan to buy a 7x12 or 9x20
chinese brand. What would you suggest? I am
not sure if gaint scale engines can be made
on 7x12 .
Anyone use Dave Gingery's books and home made
tools ?

regards
b thomas
Reply to