Any engine builders here ?

Hi, I wonder if there are any I.C engine builders in this forum. I am planning on getting my first lathe and climbing the learning curve towards this goal. Would love to here about your experiences on the same. For instance what kind of lathe, books or other tools did you purchase? I know hobby lobby sells taig lathes for this purpose but I think they will be too small in the long run and plan to buy a 7x12 or 9x20 chinese brand. What would you suggest? I am not sure if gaint scale engines can be made on 7x12 . Anyone use Dave Gingery's books and home made tools ?

regards b thomas

Reply to
B Thomas