Battery for Super Sportster EP

A fellow modeler in my club has the 48" version and is looking for a LiPo or NiMh pack to replace the stock 7-cell 2100 mAh pack. He's not interested in burning up the sky but just wants something that will give him pretty good duration and a modest improvement in performance. Suggestions?

Reply to
The Lees

Any 2s LIPO that is 4000mAh or more (except Kokam) will fit the bill.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just curious. What's wrong with Kokam packs ?

kd

Reply to
Ken Day

No one ralty knows, but they consistently underperform.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I ordered the 3300 mah NiMH pack from battery space. Unfortunately, I crashed the plane a few days before the pack arrived due to aileron servos being reversed on my new computer radio :o( so I have yet to try it out. Lesson learned, ALWAYS do a complete pre flight on each plane BEFORE you put it in the air!!! As soon as I get a few replacement parts and new tail feathers in place, I'll let you know how the 3300 pack performs

Reply to
wwkayaker1252