Battery Question (Slightly off topic)

I lost my charger for a digital camera. The battery is a 3.6V LI-ION 650 mA. I have my trusted Triton, and that can charge most anything. But the
question is this: on the battery and the charger, there is a third connector. Its between the "+" and "-" pole and is labeled "T". I've seen this on a lot of products but I have yet to find an article about what that is for. Would just using the triton on the plus and minus be sufficient or is the third connection for something important like balancing or something? Would it degrade my battery to use the Triton?
Stefan Pettersen

Just guessing, but the "T" terminal might be a thermal sensor output intended to be used with a specific charging device...
/daytripper
I've used my Triton an Multiplex LN 1504 on camera and cellphone Li-Ion batteries with no problem other than figuring out a way to connect them. That third terminal is usually involved in the camera electronics or the charger electronics, but our chargers have the correct algorithm for these packs so these terminals play no role in charging.
--
Red S.
Red's R/C Battery Clinic

Stefan..what camera brand and model was the charger for?
rich

It's for the Olympus Digital mju mini 5 megapixel. :)

Thanks for the help guys! :D