Battery Question (Slightly off topic)

I lost my charger for a digital camera. The battery is a 3.6V LI-ION 650 mA. I have my trusted Triton, and that can charge most anything. But the question is this: on the battery and the charger, there is a third connector. Its between the "+" and "-" pole and is labeled "T". I've seen this on a lot of products but I have yet to find an article about what that is for. Would just using the triton on the plus and minus be sufficient or is the third connection for something important like balancing or something? Would it degrade my battery to use the Triton?

Stefan Pettersen

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

Just guessing, but the "T" terminal might be a thermal sensor output intended to be used with a specific charging device...

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

I've used my Triton an Multiplex LN 1504 on camera and cellphone Li-Ion batteries with no problem other than figuring out a way to connect them. That third terminal is usually involved in the camera electronics or the charger electronics, but our chargers have the correct algorithm for these packs so these terminals play no role in charging.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

It's probably part of the PCB, protection charge board, that won't let the battery overcharge. Most consumer application Li's have these. They don't want the battery to blow up in the charger or be damaged by overcharging. Ignore it, just use the X and - connections on your charger. Be sure to set your voltage cutoff and no less than 2.8-3.0 volts if that is an option.

Reply to
Jim

Stefan..what camera brand and model was the charger for?

rich

Reply to
rich

"Stefan Pettersen" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@lyse.net...

Thanks for the help guys! :D

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

"rich" skrev i melding news:v2SLi.1018$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com...

It's for the Olympus Digital mju mini 5 megapixel. :)

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen