Check out my new web site!

After many months of work developing my new product line, getting prototypes made and perfected, selecting the "color" of the anodizing, coordinating the manufacturing, etc. etc. etc. our company is finally launched!
Please visit
and let me know what you think. It's not a real spiffy looking site yet but it serves the purpose. It'll get fancier later!
Reply to
Jim Slaughter
A very nice site, Jim. I'm sure that I will be one of your customers in the future. Congratulations.
Ed Cregger
After many months of work developing my new product line, getting prototypes made and perfected, selecting the "color" of the anodizing, coordinating the manufacturing, etc. etc. etc. our company is finally launched!
Please visit
and let me know what you think. It's not a real spiffy looking site yet but it serves the purpose. It'll get fancier later!
Reply to
Ed Cregger
lose the cutsey animated crap and show us what you have. I REFUSE to bother with websites that INSIST on having a front page of animated crap.
YMMV Mine doesn't
made and perfected, selecting the "color" of the anodizing, coordinating the manufacturing, etc. etc. etc. our company is finally launched!
real spiffy looking site yet but it serves the purpose. It'll get fancier later!
Reply to
Bob Cowell
Other than the enter here thing dropping down, didnt seem very animated to me. Considering how much stuff people cram into some websites, I thought it was very sedate. Not a problem. Didnt cruise around too much of the site but looks good so far and I faved it for later.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
"Bob Cowell" wrote
What animated crap? Didn't see any myself.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Take a look at it with a dial-up or other slow connection, then have a conversation with your webmaster. I had to look at the HTML source to make sure there was supposed to be something there, then go away for a while before even the nice cloudy background appeared (I'm still waiting for the rest).
Reply to
Tim Wescott
This is a real problem as fewer people remain with dialups, more webmasters program for dsl and cable.
Jim, cut the opening page down to just plain HTML and use it for your search engine optimization.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Jim,
Looks good. I am using oscommerce as well.
One thing I would like to see is operating specs for the outrunners such as RPM with standard props and battery configs. Gives us an idea of which motor to buy.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
I couldn't find any contact details for you on the site... this is a major oversight.
I don't order from companies that don't have an address and phone no. on their website.
Other than that, some useful stats and test results on the motors would be nice.
Reply to
Philip Rawson
The REAL problem is that SOME of us simply can't GET those nice DSL and cable connections. IF the ONLY way to enter a site is to wait for some animated crap to load over a dialup connection, then the aggravation of waiting outweighs any potential value of the site REAL quick
Reply to
Bob Cowell
Jim,
Nice job :-) I added
to this list of outrunner manufacturers:
Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherllands

Ron van Sommeren
I double-checked against Hobby-Lobby -- the page loaded with all the text, but no pictures. Even though the pictures didn't load very fast they had gone to the trouble to set the picture sizes so the page wasn't changing size as they loaded. They even had the descriptive text that shows when the picture isn't loaded yet. Now _that's_ a considerate site!
The result was a nice, clean page that I could navigate without trouble even with my slow connection.
Boy I can't wait until I get my network problems sorted out and I'm back to full speed!
Reply to
Tim Wescott
What _I'd_ like to see is kv, resistance, no-load current, and maximum power dissipation for each motor. Then I could just plug the numbers into a spread sheet with some of the motor sizing equations that are out there and be almost done.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Well, now that I have my broadband back I can say that it's very nice -- but you should still do something for the folks that don't have it.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Well gee Bob, sorry to offend. I notice you didn't give me the URL to your web site so I could admire how you did yours. Of course had you clicked on enter you would have seen what we have.
Reply to
Jim Slaughter
Tim, I have forwarded your comments to my web site developer. Thanks!
Jim
Reply to
Jim Slaughter
Something still isn't Kosher! I have broadband and it still takes forever to load. Even though Hobby-Lobby and others pop up in seconds.
And I notice Bob still hasn't provided us with his URL so we can see an example of what it should be like!
Reply to
Chuck Jones
I guess it *is* an OK job on he website. But the one thing I looked at -- LiPo batteries -- wasn't worth buying from them. All were all priced substantially higher than at allerc.com -- higher enough that even if I were ordering other things from hurricane and could benefit from one-package shipping, I'd still be better off ordering them from allerc.
For example, hurricane has a an own-brand 900mAh 2s pack for 30.28; AllERC has a polyquest 850 with individual cell-taps for 17.96. Hurriane has 3s 1600 for 57.42; AllERC has the ETEC 3s 1700 for 47.95.
AT $10 - $13 difference (and getting the individual balancing-taps, too, at least on the smaller one), I know where I'd shop...
--John
Reply to
John F. Hughes
THERE IS NO "ENTER" to click on UNLESS THE STUPID FLASH CRAP RUNS
you asked people to go look and tell you what they thought it is not up to me to have to give you examples of GOOD site programming
I'm not the one trying to sell something and then making people jump through hoops to see what it is you have to sell.
Reply to
Bob Cowell
I'm not sure what problem you're having with the site. It's fast as can be for everyone else I've talked to...and for me. I'm on DSL which isn't as fast as some of the broadband out there. hmmm.
Reply to
Jim Slaughter