company in plymouth uk

Hi all, i have just purchased an aerobird http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_electric_planes/hobbyzone_aerobir d_challenger.htm and i am looking for someone who lives near to me for a
good old chinwag about r/c planes and even someone to give guidance and/or advice, if enough of us are interested we might be able to get a local farmer to let us fly on their land, or get the council to make recreational space for us (who dares wins) , my particular interest is leccy rtf or artf, so if you live in the whitleigh, ernesettle, or crownhill areas of plymouth (or anywhere in plymouth really) . get in contact, if you are a newbie like me, lets learn how to crash or if you are experienced and can offer your time to stop us crashing then get in contact.
Keith Roberts snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk Plymouth UK
I'm curious, did you buy it from Australia? If so, what are the postage costs and duty costs? Also, are they available on a UK legal frequency?
CM

Hi m8, no i bought it in my home city, the Aussie link but just the best link to show the plane and yes they are legal in the UK
Regards Keith
says...

Well, you will probably save yourself a lot of crashing by practicing using a simulator on your computer and a similiar model and some sort of joystick. I spent all of $14US on my computer simulator setup. I downloaded FMS, and a number of planes from various web locations (suggest you look for the t-hawk, same basic plane as the aerobird) and a $14 PS2 style usb controller with two thumb "sticks" from best buy. Once you can take off, turn around, and land reliably then you are probably more than ready. Don't worry, you will still have plenty of real world crashes to enjoy ;)
Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply, i have fms and i also bought a gamebird ( http://www.gamebird.de/gb/ )which is a superb bit of kit , I even managed to convert it to mode2 and I have found it to be very useful for learning and I would reccomend it to any newbie or just for winter flying, and as you have said i have i have had several unplanned gravitational descents, but the bird is a real tough cookie
Keith
snipped-for-privacy@here.isfine says...

Visit http://www.bmfa.org.uk and get yourself insured, and whilst there search their club list for one in your area.
Chris.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Keith Roberts) wrote in message

Hi Chris, bfma and insurance is good advice and on the cards, and my nearest club is about 15 miles away which is not far but i would like to start one closer just for electric if possible, good advice from you tho, thanks :)
Keith
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com says...