RE:- Usergroups in the UK

Ok, with the help supplied, I can afford one sausage roll, each for ten people, lol No, only kidding, really, the backup seems really good!

But it may have to move to outer London, otherwise the location may swallow up all of the allowance.

Dartford seems a good place, due to it's close proximity to the M25, (Queen Lizzy bridge), and the A2, M20, The North M1, M11, etc.. Oxford is only four hours away, I know this, because that is where I did my training :-).

I will contact my var tomorrow, If you can let me have the other Var's email addresses, I will email them and let them know.

I will accept help from anyone, gladly! Maybe someone, (more than one?), out there would like to give a "George Bush" type of speech or at least a presentation on the sort of work that they do, or even some ideas on the best procedures to follow or what not to do, etc....

A PC compatible projector, would be a good item to have, anyone want to bring one? A PA system would also be helpful. Hopefully I can borrow these from my var, (NTCadcam, are you reading this ??) :-)

If you have some ideas or construction comments, please email me and let me know.

Reply to
pete

After starting this subject, I have since found out that Neil Carter, is further ahead, in starting the UK user group.

snipped-for-privacy@brooklands.ac.uk

The great thing, is that he works in a college, if I remember correctly, he teaches the students Solidworks and can get a suitable area and discounted food, :-)

The college is based in Surrey so should be a bit quicker to get too, for a lot of people. Please email him to let him know that you are interested in going, so that suitable dates can be arranged. This will also help to get an idea of the number of people attending.