Re: disable certain hole wizard tapped hole sizes?

What would be the best way to prevent a user from selecting certain

> tapped hole sizes in the hole wizard? I would rather not actually > delete any of the tapped hole sizes but rather disable or hide certain > ones that we do not want used. > > Thanks, Sam >

Sam, Open SWX, Go to "System Options, Data Options, Edit Standards Data, Expand "Ansi Inch", Expand "Hole Wizard Holes" Expand "Tapped holes", Pick "Tapped Hole", Pick "Sizes", Disable the ones you don't want. You can pretty much Disable anything in Toolbox. I have created several different standards for my various customers for tapped holes, bolt lengths etc.

Good Luck Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

That is exactly what I tried to do before posting but it will not let me do anything in that edit data window. When I get down to the section showing the tables for bottoming tapped holes and tapped holes there is a yellow lock icon next to the entry for each table and I cannot do anything. It appears that my tables are read only and I cannot make any changes. Do you see the yellow lock icon when you edit your tables? When you say "Disable the ones you don't want", do you mean that you actually see a button or check box labeled "disable". I do not see anything like that. I forgot to include that I am using 2004sp3.0.

Thanks,

Michael Eckste> > What would be the best way to prevent a user from selecting

certain

pretty much

standards for

Reply to
Sam

Sam, I see the yellow lock, but pick the locked "tapped hole" anyway. You should get 2 options coming up, "general" and "sizes" pick "sizes". You should then see all the different sizes with the option to "disable". I believe the lock means you cannot delete the Ansi standard data. This is the way it works in 2005,..... 2004??? you may have to create a derived standard and go from there.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

actually