RE: Tapped Holes

Not to seem to stupid but how do you add a series of tapped holes to the hole wizard? The wizard only go to 2-4.5 and I need to add at least a 3-4 and would like to add all of the thread series 3-4, 3-6,

3-8, 3-12, 3-16, and 3-20. I've looked through the help stuff and can't seem to find a method. What am I missing? BTW, this is with SWX 2003. R. Wink
Reply to
R. Wink

wizard? The wizard only go to 2-4.5 and I need

3-8, 3-12, 3-16, and 3-20. I've looked

I had a similar issue with the hole wizard holes, and got a bit of help from my var, but even that was limited. Here is what I learned the hard way: Locate a file called "toolbox.ini". Mine was located at "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox". One line of the file is "ToolboxPartFolder". This line ends with most of the path to a huge database file. Add "\lang\English" to this path to locate a file called "SWBrowser.mdb" Launch the database, and locate the table called "AI_DATA_HW_TappedHole" (The name is an acronym for AnsiInch_DATA_HoleWizard). If you have defined any of your own custom standards, the name of the table is something like "USERx_AI_DATA_HW_TappedHole", where "x" is a number, starting with zero. This table should have all available tapped holes listed by the Hole Wizard under the "ANSI-Inch" standard. Add your required taps to the table. I would make sure the taps you add to this table would be defined in another table, which is already quite extensively defined, that table is "AI_DATA_THRD". It has sizes up to 4-4 UNC and 4-12 UN predefined. I don't know if the "AI_DATA_HW..." requires support data from the "...THRD" table. In other words, maybe you can try adding a

5" tap to the HW table without adding it to the THRD table and see if that works.

Good Luck,

B Lindahl

Reply to
B Lindahl