Tapped Holes on a Cylindrical Face

I have figured out a way to put tapped holes on a cylindrical face. I wonder if I am doing to correctly or if there is an easier way. Here is what I do.

I make a 3d sketch and place a point on the face of the cylinder. This point is constrained and placed where I want the tapped hole. I then start the hole wizard, choose the tap size then place a point (randomly) on the cylinder and click ok. The tapped hole is now on the surface of the cylinder, but in the wrong spot. I then edit the 3d sketch that was created by the hole wizard (not the sketch i created) and merge the correctly placed point with the point created by the hole wizard. The tapped hole is now in the correct spot.

This is a LOT of steps but it is the only way i can get a hole on the cylinder. Does anyone have an easier way?

Thanks Monty

Reply to
Monty

Any reason not to skip the external point and just constrain the HW 3D point instead?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

duh....

and that's why I posted the message. Sometimes things are right in my face and I cannot see them. Thanks Wayne

Monty

Reply to
Monty

Another way is to set up a plane on the surface of the cylinder, and just use Hold Wiz same as a flat surface.

Matt

of

fcsuper