Re: Bolt Circles

To dimension your hole location, you need to expand the hole feature, then edit the top sketch. THis sketch contains points, which locate each hole. Just dimension these points as you would in any other sketch. You can also add points to add holes if you wish.

When you made the hole feature, if you first selected the face and then clicked on the hole feature icon, a 2D sketch would have been created. If you first invoded the hole wizard, and then chose a face, a 3d sketch would have been created to locate the holes.

Reply to
Arlin

A plus to using a component pattern is that you can put bolts in by tying the bolt pattern to the hole pattern.

WT

You can do this 2 ways. You can define your pattern within the hole wizard > sketch. You could draw a circle and use it to constrain your points. If > you just constrain your first hole and click finish you can use a component > pattern to define a pattern. Not the best directions but I have to leave in > a minute > > Corey Scheich > > Newbie transformed from Proe. Trying to make a flange with threaded hole > > B.C. > > > > My first step was to utilize hole wizard, but how can I dimension the > point > > location as a diameter and an angle from a plane? Do I need to create a > > reference plane prior to align the point. In ProE all I needed to DO was > > dimension the hole and use the angle dim as my pattern seed. > > > > > >
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If I can remember back to my Pro/E days, you had to have an angle dim to drive this particular pattern. SolidWorks can pattern about an axis or temporary axis. To get the radial location to be a diameter, sketch a horizontal centerline attached to the axis and dimension to that.

Reply to
Scott Proctor

Actually atleast as of 2003 you can use a holewizard for a component pattern also. It works quite well. Try it.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I believe I understand your explanation, but what does PCD stand for?

Reply to
krupnikas