Another component pattern question

I have created an assembly full of lots of stand alone parts. I have also added fasteners. But instead of dropping each fastener into the assembly, I dropped 1 and used a feature driven patterns to populate the rest. Then, the very last thing I needed to do was to do a component circular pattern around an axis of everything in the assembly, including the feature driven fasteners. This was no problem, I simply highlighted the feature driven component pattern icon in the feature tree during the circular pattern dialog.

But now, I realized that I have forgot a few fasteners. I inserted these just like I did before. I dropped 1 and used a feature pattern to populate the rest.

The problem is that I need these newly added fasteners to be included in the circular pattern that was previously created. The newly added feature driven pattern is below the circular pattern in the feature tree. I thought, no problem! I will just reorder them so that they are above the circular pattern. It will not let you do this!!! I even tried to rollback before the circular pattern to create the new feature driven pattern of the new fasteners. However, it still puts it at the bottom of the tree. How can I go about including these newly added fasteners in the circular pattern.

I hope this makes sense....

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Please oh please report this to your VAR, it's been happening for several versions (at least since 2004). The only thing you can do is delete the derived pattern and recreate it after you create the circular pattern.

Reply to
Jason

No, no, no. Unless I misunderstand something here, you need to delete the circular pattern and recreate it after your added feature-driven pattern.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne would be correct here. But I was trying to avoid that if at all possible. I have this assembly used in another assembly as a sub. And I have already created references to the circular patterned parts (just mates at this point). If I have to recreate the circular pattern, all these mates will blow-up.

And also, there is a strong possibility that there will be more parts added later that will need to be in the circular pattern as well. I guess as long as these parts don't have to be used in a feature driven pattern first, everything will be ok though.

I will report this though. I think it should be possible to reorder the patterns. Don't you? Did it used to allow you to reorder patterns?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

It used to work way back when. It's a wierd inconsistent problem. Like if you create several patterns, you can reorder them freely, but close the assembly and come back to it later and anything new you add won't allow reordering. It's not a dependency issue but I think code thinks it is. There's probably some series of steps to reproduce it but I've never been able to figure it out.

Reply to
Jason