Inserting Same Part in Assembly

Anyone know how i can insert the same part into holes that are linear patterened, without adding and mating that part, one at a time? Example 10 rods inserted into 10 holes of a plate.

Reply to
Brice Wu

Brice Wu

I suppose you have a hole (cut) feature and a linear pattern feature in one part and an other part - the rod. Insert the first rod and mate it to your hole feature (not just any hole). Use "Insert-Component pattern-Feature driven" and select the pattern feature from the feature tree as Driving feature and the rod as Component to Pattern. That should do it.

Thomas

Reply to
TV

FYI.

Did you know that you can mimic any irregular hole pattern made with the Hole Wizard in an assembly pattern, not just pattern features.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Nice - I never noticed. Would be even better if the components vere reorientated when the hole-wizard was used on eg. a cylindrical shape.

Thomas

Reply to
TV