Compare SW popularity to other CAD software.

Check and compare the links to SW with SE, AutoDesk, PTC, etc.

TOP

What specific links would you use?

Autodesk? That's the 2D guys.

Jon'll have a heyday with this. `;^)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Total links for home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm are

38 Total links for home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/solidworks_surface_tutorials.htm are 7
Reply to
jmather

etc.

Remember, these are links, not usage or hits. That being said, what are the chances that the SW links mainly represent people with seats of SW since every current seat of SW contains a link to the mothership?

Reply to
TOP

Harvested by bots of some sort, I'd guess?

Wouldn't think so.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Does that mean solidworks surfacing is that much easier.

Reply to
CS

Total links for forum.solidworks.com/swforum/ are 15 Total links for groups.google.com/group/comp.cad.solidworks are 266 Total links for discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=78 are 768

Reply to
jmather

Try

Ken

I've looked at a lot of links, that being one. What blew my mind was that mySQL was in league with the big boyz. So was Linux. But I digress. ACAD has the most links of any CAD that I could tell. SW was very respectable considering it is a niche market compared to ACAD.

Notice that almost all the SW links are reported on AllTheWeb and AltaVista.

Reply to
TOP

That looked typical of most of the CAD links. I was surprised that Google didn't have any and it seems to be the predominant search engine today.

Reply to
ken

When you search AllTheWeb for

only a paltry 28,100 hits. Autodesk has 101,000, SolidEdge has 665, and PTC has 33,600.

In Google you can use this syntax: link:

1,260
392
4,410
1,120
124
1,120

So apparently the link checker doesn't know about Google's syntax.

AllTheWeb does know about the link: syntax and give SW 25,600 links.

Reply to
TOP

= 24

BanquerCADCAM - The Choice of Discriminating Professionals Watch for an upcoming article in RubberUndy-E-Zine.

Reply to
Chippie