Toolbox path

Does anyone where the path to the toolbox is defined.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

in the toolbox.ini file ref: \program files\solidworks\toolbox\

Reply to
kenneth

Thanks,

Can a SW2007 install and a SW2006 install use the same instance of toolbox?

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

no.

remember, if you save a part (toolbox) in 2007, 2006 will be unable to open.

Reply to
kenneth

Never mind, figured out that you cannot.

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Thanks,

The reason this came up was I just recently did an install of 2007 keeeping

2006 on my system and the install changed the path location of the toolbox to some network drive location for the 2006 version, where the toolbox files did not exist. It also appended 'backup' to the original file folder under comman files>solidworks and seems to have changed the version of the toolbox.mdb file so it no longer works.

The files are still available under the program files>solidworks directory so all is ok with a bit of hairpulling.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch