constrain hole in middle of disk

I am simply trying to put a tapped hole in the middle of a disk, i.e. on its center. I am having trouble contraining it in hole wizard. Probably simple answer, but I am having trouble. Any support is appreciated.

Reply to
billyb

I've never had much luck with constraining it until after creating the hole (don't worry yet about where it is), then editing the first sketch under the hole feature that has the center point. You can drag, etc the center point to get it constrained, then close the sketch. Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Yes, correct. Best way to use the hole wizard is to slect the face first, then the hole wiz. feature. This will give you by default a 2D sketch on a planar surface, 3D on a non-planar surface. Chose your hole type then click on "position" (SW2006 and up)

More point can be added at this time then, the sketch can then be constrained by chosing the right mouse click> Select. Click on the sketched point in the sketch and hold/drag to the edge of the disc but do not release the mouse. The centre will highlight and the point can then be dragged onto the centre of the disc.Release the mouse button and you're coincident with the centre.

Alex (ex AE)

j wrote:

Reply to
alexhenrydesign

Reply to
billyb

Hi,

The process is almost the same in 2005, just that there is no "Position" tab. When you have selected your hole, you are then in sketch mode where you can add more points and/or/then chose select and go through the motions to constrain the hole I described previously.

Alex

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
alexhenrydesign