constrain hole in middle of disk

I am simply trying to put a tapped hole in the middle of a disk, i.e.
on its center. I am having trouble contraining it in hole wizard.
Probably simple answer, but I am having trouble. Any support is
appreciated.
Reply to
billyb
I've never had much luck with constraining it until after creating the hole (don't worry yet about where it is), then editing the first sketch under the hole feature that has the center point. You can drag, etc the center point to get it constrained, then close the sketch. Bill
Reply to
bill allemann
If it's a round disc, you should be able to add a concentric relation the the edge UNLESS you started hole wizard and then picked the face to place the hole which results in a 3d sketch for the location point. Then you have to turn on the temporary axis, then you can add a coincident relation to the temporary axis. I always try to pick the face I want the hole on first and then start hole wizard because this creates std 2d sketch points and is much easier to manage and make sketch plane changes if necessary.
bill allemann wrote:
Yes, correct. Best way to use the hole wizard is to slect the face first, then the hole wiz. feature. This will give you by default a 2D sketch on a planar surface, 3D on a non-planar surface. Chose your hole type then click on "position" (SW2006 and up)
More point can be added at this time then, the sketch can then be constrained by chosing the right mouse click> Select. Click on the sketched point in the sketch and hold/drag to the edge of the disc but do not release the mouse. The centre will highlight and the point can then be dragged onto the centre of the disc.Release the mouse button and you're coincident with the centre.
Alex (ex AE)
j wrote: > If it's a round disc, you should be able to add a concentric relation > the the edge UNLESS you started hole wizard and then picked the face to > place the hole which results in a 3d sketch for the location point. Then > you have to turn on the temporary axis, then you can add a coincident > relation to the temporary axis. I always try to pick the face I want the > hole on first and then start hole wizard because this creates std 2d > sketch points and is much easier to manage and make sketch plane changes > if necessary. > > bill allemann wrote: > > I've never had much luck with constraining it until after creating the hole > > (don't worry yet about where it is), then editing the first sketch under the > > hole feature that has the center point. You can drag, etc the center point > > to get it constrained, then close the sketch. > > Bill > > > >
> >> I am simply trying to put a tapped hole in the middle of a disk, i.e. > >> on its center. I am having trouble contraining it in hole wizard. > >> Probably simple answer, but I am having trouble. Any support is > >> appreciated. > >> > > > > > >
Reply to
alexhenrydesign
I am on SW 2005
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > Yes, correct. Best way to use the hole wizard is to slect the face > first, then the hole wiz. feature. This will give you by default a 2D > sketch on a planar surface, 3D on a non-planar surface. Chose your hole > type then click on "position" (SW2006 and up) > > More point can be added at this time then, the sketch can then be > constrained by chosing the right mouse click> Select. Click on the > sketched point in the sketch and hold/drag to the edge of the disc but > do not release the mouse. The centre will highlight and the point can > then be dragged onto the centre of the disc.Release the mouse button > and you're coincident with the centre. > > Alex > (ex AE) > > > j wrote: > > If it's a round disc, you should be able to add a concentric relation > > the the edge UNLESS you started hole wizard and then picked the face to > > place the hole which results in a 3d sketch for the location point. Then > > you have to turn on the temporary axis, then you can add a coincident > > relation to the temporary axis. I always try to pick the face I want the > > hole on first and then start hole wizard because this creates std 2d > > sketch points and is much easier to manage and make sketch plane changes > > if necessary. > > > > bill allemann wrote: > > > I've never had much luck with constraining it until after creating the hole > > > (don't worry yet about where it is), then editing the first sketch under the > > > hole feature that has the center point. You can drag, etc the center point > > > to get it constrained, then close the sketch. > > > Bill > > > > > >
Reply to
billyb
Hi,
The process is almost the same in 2005, just that there is no "Position" tab. When you have selected your hole, you are then in sketch mode where you can add more points and/or/then chose select and go through the motions to constrain the hole I described previously.
Alex