Hole callouts in decimal inches

Is it possible to have the hole callout for say a 1/4-28 UNF tapped hole to display as .250-28 UNF without doing a manual edit?

Reply to
Craig

Yes you can In SW 2007 go to tools>options>system options>Hole Wizzard/Toolbox select configure this is where it gets interesting you can't edit the canned Solidworks standards you will have to copy one and make it your own. Example we have copied the ANSI and made it our " ANSI" standard and disabled the one provided by Solidworks we also created an ASME standard ect.

To get the information you desire to show up on the drawing edit the standard go to Hole wizard holes>tapped holes>tapped holes select the thread data tab scroll to the right until you get to Thread Description and you can change the data to suite you we use the ASME call out "No. 8 (.164)-36 UNF"

Good Luck Dennis

Reply to
cadman800

Cool - That worked well.

One more thing is it possible to share the modified standard?

BTW I'm using SW2006 Sp5.1

Cheers Craig

cadman800 wrote:

Reply to
Craig

Craig,

Yes if you have toolbox set up on the network it you all should be using the same database. If toolbox is not setup for the network you will have to copy the SWbrowser.mdb to each workstation. but it would be better if you had it setup as a networked toolbox, you would only have to manage one database.

Cheers Dennis

Reply to
cadman800