Add Properties to title block, Sheet2

I have added the following property to sheet1 of a drawing $PRPSHEET:"PartNo" It work correctly.

When I add it to sheet2, the information it not propagated to sheet2

Am I missing something?

Thanks Monty

Reply to
Monty

Did you make the entry for $PRPSHEET:"PartNo" on Sheet 2? If not, that's why not. Fields in a title block don't propagate automatically, you need to enter them.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Reply to
Monty

Not being able to see what you have, I'm going to cover some basic causes. If you've done these already, then good, but I'm listing them as just a basic starting point for a check list of things to look at:

  1. Look for typo's on the one that isn't work. Even something as simple as an extra space can disrupt the link. Also, make sure the issue is not refresh view related.

  1. Cntl-Q when you are on the second sheet to see if the field refreshes to show the correct value.

  2. Are you assigning the value via a macro or through SolidWorks Properties editor? If through a macro, try it directly through the SW Prop editor (File Pulldown>Properties>Custom Tab), to see if it makes a difference.

  1. If you typed the link code in manually the text edit window? If you did it manually through the text edit window, it will not work. It will display just what you typed.

  2. Is the problem that nothing is showing up on sheet 2, or that the wrong value is showing up? Check to make sure the linked note is on a visiable layer.

LMK if this helps.

Matt

M> Yes, $PRPSHEET:"PartNo" is in the title bold of both sheet1 and sheet2 > still no luck

Reply to
fcsuper