Exporting into Opitical Design Programs, Paths and Rays

Hello,

We use ZeMax here to do our optics designs and then export an .iges from there into SW to do all the mechanical stuff. This works well. However, you can not export from SW into ZeMax because ZeMax has no import function. Any recommendations on an optics program that will allow you to import SW files into?

Thanks

pope

Reply to
pope

did you try saving an iges and just changing the extension to whatever the Native ZeMax file is. Just something I would try for the hell of it. Seems silly that they wouldn't have BI directional support of Iges.

Reply to
CS

Its pretty spendy ($25k) but Optis looks good in terms of interoperability. I can't speak to it's value as a replacement for Zemax in terms of design; the price was enough to put us off.

Reply to
Michael

Pope

Code V imports and exports ACIS (SAT)

Last time I checked it was lease only, $20,000.00 a seat per year. I guess if your a niche market, you charge what you want.

Mark

Reply to
MM

thanks for the replies. we will check out Code V and Optis. I've also never tried changing the .iges extension but I suppose it's worth trying.

thanks

Reply to
pope