Usergroups in the UK

I can not find a usergroup in the UK, so I am thinking of setting one up. I have looked at Solidworks's site about usergroups, and the backup seems
really good. But I am wondering if this support is just for the USA, has anyone outside the USA, set up a group and just how much work is involved?

Pete, Please contact me off list. I would be more than happy to help. You can reach me at "firstinitiallastname at solidworks dot com"
Richard Doyle User Community Coordinator
Pete, Ken Carpenter used to have a website for UK users but that died due to work commitments etc.
We also looked at setting up a UKUG but at that time the user base was small and only a hand full of users were interested.
Also, there are a lot of issues to how the UG is structured, for instance:
- Location - I'm in Oxfordshire
- Should the VAR's be involved - or should it be independent. It's my belief it should be independent but the VAR's hold the key to accessing the UK userbase so.....
- I am all for a UKUG and would be willing to get involved in setting one up if the interest is there.
Drop me an email if you want to take it further.
Also, it would be interesting if any potential members to drop me an email to gauge the potential size of the group, and location of the users.
Regards,
Kev

I'd be up for that, if it was in London!

You must have VAR's involved. The VARs provide the pizza. Without pizza: no user group.
Kev Parkin wrote:

--
J Kimmel
snipped-for-privacy@whereIwork.com