Top 5 Welders in the world

Just wondering if anyone would care to list who they believed are the top 5 GTAW welders in the world.

We can talk about parameters if you wish, but I'm thinking hands-on skill, talent, and experience. With the achievement to back it up.

Let me know what you think.

John

Reply to
John Smith

I think you're joking ;-)

Reply to
mb

He *must* be.

Reply to
Mike Graham

I know he's joking. There have to be over 20,000 TIG (GTAW) welders in the US alone. How are you going to judge? Stupid welder tricks, like welding pop cans or razor blades, diversity of experience, sense of humor, hair style?

I think I'll skip the bikini competition.

I think we need a new spinoff of Junkyard wars.

Weldor Showdown.

1 hour , man to man, welding competition.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

OK,

1) Gary. 2) Billy. 3) that guy from Wyoming that drives the mid 80's chevy with the smashed right front fender. 4) my cousin. 5) Billy's oldest boy.

My opinion only of course.

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

What about that other guy, the one from up the road a ways?

Reply to
Dragon Doctor

Ooh! I've got an awesome sense of humor! My hair style isn't that great, but I've definitely got sense of humor. I mean, I replied to this thread didn't I? :)

rvb

Reply to
rvb

If I'm not the Billy referred to in #2 then you forgot me since I am sure I am better than your cousin. Billh

Reply to
billh

That's Gary.

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Well of course you are 2) Billy ;)

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

How bout that guy I read about that sent a couple of double-edge razor blades, welded into a 90 degree angle, along an edge in as a resume? That is pretty good. I, for one, am NOT the best welder in the USA. Actually, I usually say I am a guy that owns a welder...not a weldor. But I can stick metal together and it doesn't break afterwards. WIth a little work with an angle grinder, it even does not look too bad. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

I think you have been smoking some GOOD shit!

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I'm the best damn weldor in MY shop, unless of course I forget to keep the door locked...

Brian

Reply to
Brian

This only means he can weld 2 razor blades together. Could he also do a 6G pipe weld that has to pass x-ray afterwards?

Reply to
mb

Hi John, I agree with your first three selections, but I think Billy's oldest boy is a tad better than 'my cousin'.

Best regards, Luke

Reply to
Luke Gofannon

I never knew a cert test that consisted of welding razor blades. What's it called? What is the industrial application? What does it pay? Just curious.

Like welding aluminum cans, cute, but when you get to any shop in the real world, how does it apply?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Just wondering if anyone would care to list who they believed are the top 5 GTAW welders in the world. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^ I wasn't even going to open this thread until I read an oblique reference to it in another context, by "Zorro." Now, I'm ROTFLOL.

Did you guys know that locksmiths have rodeos, where they do things like lock-picking contests? What do welders (weldors?) have?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Jobs?

JTMcC

Reply to
JTMcC

No, he's the CEO of Apple Computer - I bet he couldn't Tig weld to save his life.

Reply to
Ken C

He is a pilot. And heaven knows - he brought out CAD on the early apples - and the big apple was - Lisa - was just for CAD. So TIG - maybe Stick. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn